I dread the day...

The feeling was indescribable. And that’s exactly what I felt when I had this sumptuous lunch with my bf’s entire family at Tandoor recently. The occasion was actually a post birthday celebration of his adorable and naughty nephew Sid, who had just turned 3 but gifted with an intelligence of a grade 1 pupil!
Laughs…candid talk…and more laughs were being exchanged across the table while we dissected and devoured all the biryanis and tandoori chickens with so much gusto!
But reality hit me hard!
Will there be still the same joyous smiles, the infectious laughter, the unadulterated fondness and care, the perpetual love they have genuinely demonstrated in front of me…of us when later on they would come to know that the cute boy they are sharing table with…that the cute boy who regularly visits and sleeps at their house…that the cute boy who have no qualms of calling them mom and dad is actually their son’s boyfriend!!!
I hope…
For I dread the day, when I will be introduced as their son’s boyfriend and I see nothing in their eyes except contempt, betrayal, disgust and hatred!!!!

8 comments:
What I find interesting is that even when you are talking about something so heartfelt, you never forget to refer to yourself as "cute". Love u for that!! Hehe ...
And I think ur BF's family might know .... it has to be obvious, isn't it? ...... And even if they don't, when they do ... they will still love u the same .....
:) thanks whippy for the hope!
his sibling might possibly have the inkling...but the real problem is his old folks...he couldnt explain it in the 'language' that can understand...and thats the toughest part...sigh..
Awww... maybe it'll be best not to tell them at all :(
hmm. tough indeed. but you're prepared for the inevitable, right? kaya enjoy na lng muna for now. :-)
I second ramby's thought here about "cute" :-)
In India, it is not easy to say "they might know"... with so many signs in front of them, some don't even have a clue and you can even claim that he/she is pretending of having no doubts...
don't worry cute boy.... leave the worries for the time it comes...just chill now
But honestly, sometimes i too feel same :(
unsung: yeah i guess..:(
aryo: but i wanna settle now huhuhu :(
prash: acha! thats quite an interesting perspective...i never knew they pretend of having no doubts...
Bloggingknight: thanks bud
I so understand this feeling, When I was out to my parents few years back, my ex bf took this blow, it was pretty hard to say. Now my parents know my bf, but I am not gonna put a poster , since they knew abt me and they know i am pretty close to him, so let them make the judgements :) but its so different in his house, he hasnt came out yet. when I am with this family I so dread this moment!
Post a Comment